- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine chicken, garlic, barbecue sauce, and water in heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Remove chicken from sauce and set aside.
- Bring sauce to a boil, add grated squash, and cook, stirring, until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken and return to sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 450°. Stretch or roll pizza dough into a large rectangle and transfer to greased baking sheet.
- Top with chicken mixture, cheese, zucchini, and onion. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Top with sliced scallions and cilantro and serve.
NOTE: The chicken can easily be replaced with additional squash to make this dish vegetarian. I prefer using homemade barbecue sauce in this recipe, but your favorite bottled sauce will work just fine.